It's a salmon salad...on the crispier side! This salad is super flexible(as are most salads!), and you can choose to cook the salmon however you like - I've pan-fried and baked (-it really just literally depends on the weather for me-), but either way, it's simple and delicious.
So, let's get right to it!
Citrus Shallot Dressing (Adapted from Hello Fresh!) - 2 servings
- 1/2 - 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*A little note about this dressing is that if you really enjoy it and want to make a little stock of it, go ahead and double or triple the recipe in a mason jar (because it is easy to mix by shaking!), and use it for the next 2 or 3 days!
- Add the shallots, lemon zest, Dijon Mustard, White Wine Vinegar to a bowl or jar and mix well!
- Add the Olive oil and mix well.
- Add Salt and Pepper according to taste!
- Ta-Da! Set aside until ready to use. Store in the fridge if keeping for another day.
*We're going to keep it simple since the salad will have quite a bit involved.
- 4-6 oz of salmon
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Season Salmon with Salt and Pepper.
- Add about 1-1.5 Tbsp of Olive Oil into a frying pan
- Cook Salmon on Medium Heat for abut 5 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through. The fish doesn't need to be perfect since you are going to shred it a bit once it cools anyways. If you are unsure, take a peek at the inside and make sure it is opaque inside.
- Set-aside on a plate and cool.
- Use a fork to pull pieces of the fish apart. Set Aside.
- Charred White Corn Kernels ( charred in a frying pan with about 1 tsp of olive oil)
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Almond Slivers
- ~2 Cups Baby Kale
- ~4 Cups of another green for your salad base(baby spinach, power greens, lettuce at your local farmer's market!)
- Blueberries and/or Grapes
- **This is just what I put in the salad, but you can add whatever is in season in your neighborhood:))
- Mix the baby kale and other greens you have with the citrus, shallot dressing according to taste ( usually half the recipe/salad).
- Add all your toppings as well as the salmon on top of the salad (or you can mix it all in!)
- Serve and Enjoy!